Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Recap: Star Gazing

This weekend Vanessa and I packed up her car and headed up North to Oregon to visit our oldest & dearest friend, Mandy. I've lived in Northern California my entire life and I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had never been to Oregon. Well, all I can say is that it was well worth the wait. Oregon is absolutely gorgeous.

The girls and I had a blast taking in all that the small town of Shady Cove had to offer. We spent the weekend relaxing & hiking around the Rogue River. I loved checking out what the locals had to offer (wine, beer, and excellent food-- I was a happy lady to say the least). And of course we got some thrifting in; small towns always have the best little treasures. A highlight of the weekend was seeing my friend Mandy on duty as a Park Ranger at Joseph Stewart State Park, it made me feel so proud to see her at a job so perfect for her!

We also spent hours looking up at the stars. There's just something so magical about looking up at sky full of twinkly lights. There's beauty out there in the world, and I spent my weekend enjoying it. It was an amazing weekend packed with all my favorite things and I couldn't ask for two better friends to spend my time with.
IMG_0495
IMG_0361
IMG_0220
IMG_0236
IMG_0250
IMG_0324
IMG_0444
IMG_0455
IMG_0475
I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend as well.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun, relaxing trip! I lived in Portland for six years before moving to Mexico, and I agree that Oregon is beautiful...in the summer. Those rainy months (you know, all ten of them) are pretty rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really lovely time, Amber. Oregon really is lovely - I haven't been there in nearly 20 years...maybe it's time for another trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures...oregon is such a neat state!

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never been to oregon - or norcal for that matter :( it looks like you had a fantastic trip full of all the wonderful things that make a long weekend perfect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. those photos are beautifulll. as much of a city girl as i am, nothing beats a weekend in the countryside, miles from civilization. as long as you know you'll return to the hustle-bustle shortly ;)

    ReplyDelete