Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Places I Love: Home is Where the Heart Is

Let's talk about homes. What makes a home? A happy home?
For seven years I had house. I helped pay the mortgage and the bills. I made dinners there every night. I decorated it for every holiday. I hosted dinner parties there. And, well, I bought fresh flowers for it on the weekly. I even had my own girly room to store all my party dresses & Louboutins. All my goodies sat around looking pretty but waiting for the day they would leave their home & enter the real world.
IMG_5734
Then the real world set in and my home was no longer a happy one. While I currently do not have my own place to call my home, I have begun to realize that home really is where your heart is.
And my heart is in California, north & south and most definitely at the beach.
IMG_9446.jpg
I have my place at my mom's where I watch Jeopardy with my mom, sleep on a futon (on the floor nonetheless) store my belongings at, hang with my family and it's where I get ready for blog events. I feel very "Amber" being in my childhood room and my Mom takes great care of me, but I can't help but feel a bit lonely when I am there.
IMG_0944.jpg
I have my sister's place in LA where I stay with my sister, her boyfriend Dustin, their roomate Taylor and her cat (Gus) & dog (Sawyer). They feel like my little LA family when I stay there and I love them all to pieces.
Picture 1
IMG_7383.jpg
And I have Hermosa Beach where I stay with Sara. We spend our time watching romantic comedies, eating dinners in & out and dancing our pants off to DJ Dik at Ocean Bar.
IMG_7155.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg
My readers have been asking me when I plan on writing daily posts again and posting my outfits daily again. And to be honest I don't have a plan right now. I live blog constantly (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram) so make sure to follow me there. But for now I plan on soaking up this new found freedom I have, learning about myself and evaluating the friendships & relationships that benefit me in a positive way.
LOVE Kim!!
IMG_8447.jpg
And let's be honest the Internet is totally where my heart is. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my blog ALL make me feel that no matter where I am, no matter what time it is, I am not alone. You all make me feel like this little heart of mine IS loved and I can't thank you all enough for that.

PS if you have a couch, I'm always down for a new place to call home. ;)

14 comments:

  1. I wish we had been friends while I was in Mexico! I had a spare bedroom and something tells me you would have fallen in love with that little beach town. Next time!

    Just remember that you are brave, Amber. It takes a lot of courage to say "this isn't working for me" and actually do something about it. Well done!

    Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your instagram pics! Sounds like you have lots of homes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your outfits posts (and your girly room with the shoes) But I love seeing all your instagram pictures and I love that you are enjoying life to the full and that every post is always radiating how positive you are about everything!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually spent a few months couch surfing this year too. It's definitely different and gives you a new perspective on things. After I moved up to OR at the end of July I ended up staying with my Grandma for a month. When things hadn't panned out by then, and combined with everything I had left here, I came back. I had given up my job and my apartment. I totally had to start from scratch. I'm still trying to get a lot of it squared away (which is why I've been so insanely MIA). It's definitely rough to do and makes you learn a lot about yourself.

    Thankfully, I've settled into a place now and am enjoying having my own space again. If you ever need a change, you're always more than welcome here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is just beautiful and so full of heart, I love it! Your positive outlook on things is wonderful and I too think that a home is where the heart is no matter what! I also happen to love that you always had fresh flowers in your last one...such a simple, yet warming touch! I too am unsure exactly what my path for the future is going to be and it is wide open at the moment, but surrounding myself with positive, happy people is key and looking forward to what is ahead!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for meaningful & encouraging comments. It means the world to me to have love, support and encouragement for you all. I won't lie I am feeling down this morning but you all remind me to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Miss Amber! I love that you are taking your time to explore all that is around you and live it up! Best thing to do (been there, done that, continue to do it). Please hit me up next time you are in LA and we can grab a bite, a drink and some girl time! Keep it up gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I adore your intagrams. While I miss your outfit posts, I love seeing that you are happy spending time with friends and family throguh your twitter updates and photos. You are a brave girl and you are so right, home is here the heart is. You are moving on with your life and you are staying positive and surrounded by people who love you, and that's so wonderful. I am here for you. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! 2012 will be your year Amber!!

    This also makes me miss my little cave back home at my parents' house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! Change is good, and you seem to be reveling in the best parts of it! Happy 2012!
    xx Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel you! SO proud of you and what you are doing to build yourself up! You are so lucky to have amazing and supportive people around you! All the best always. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. coach 2012 new coach factory to celebrate the the COACH seventieth anniversary of,coach factory store from the the COACH precious collection of the most iconic fashion style one.Coach Poppy series,coachfactory.com has always been well received by the girls welcome.2012 the new quarter,cheap coach the brand more particularly to the young and dynamic series,coach factory online by adding different elements to create a variety of exquisitely designed handbag styles.coach outlet

    New to join Poppy series Feather Clutch,coach factory outlet body bags, fringed design, coach for saleselection of ostrich feathers made ??of, and decorated with precious stones and beads for embellishment,coach outlet online make an impact.coach factory outlet Larger the Sequin Pushlock Satchel, playing the noble and beautiful taste,coach online laden with beads of a film, against the backdrop of black patent leather, see the flashing charming.coach factory online store

    Coach excited to launch the 2012 Poppy series, coach outlet onlinea new interpretation of its most vivid design. Coach to Poppy Bobbi series this season with a mature appearance,coach for sale gorgeous jewelry flavor and high light material as its essence Coach shape gift to the sort of vigor.coach factory online Such as the classic Coach spinner and diamond-shaped label with a draw boy handbag full of modern details,coach outlet stores locks and charming chain jewelry both significantly reflected in the new series being

    ReplyDelete