Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn in the Heat

Sunflowers, soup and seasonal decorations can even make 90 degrees feel like fall. I just got this totally adorable Autumn bunting from etsy seller Funkyshique. Her bunting is AMAZING, check it out. There is just something I love about bunting and this mirror usually serves as my seasonal decoration focal point. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and I love having them around this time of year. I pick them up at my local farmers market, weekly. I love how long they last and the splash of color and the Autumn-ness they bring to my house. While at the farmers market I also picked up some local veggies (leeks, carrots, potatoes, celery and onions) to make my favorite "comfort" soup. I am simmering up some veggies right now for my vegan, oil free leek and potato soup, that I freeze for when I pick up a fall or winter cold. Between the aroma's of soup and the decorations it ALMOST feels like fall in this heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment