Monday, October 31, 2011

Things I Love: Nails Fierce With the Gold Gloss

It's that time of year again, COSTUME time!! After two years of rocking Lady Gaga I took a break and did Kreayshawn this year. If you don't know who Kreayshawn is, well now you know. She's a badash hip hop artist who can spit rhymes like any dude. Oh, and she's a Bay girl like me. Her first single Gucci, Gucci blew up and she just signed a million dollar contract with Sony. I have a feeling this chick's going to be huge.
Personally, I am a huge fan of all the female artists out there right now that express themselves not only through their music, but with their personal style as well. Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rhianna, Janelle Monae and Nicki Minaji all rock their 'fits as hard as they rock their music, and I'm bout it, bout it. Personal expression is something I think is really important and I love that these ladies are making huge statements and setting an example for being yourself (all while getting crazy with their style).
I guess one reason I love Halloween and dressing so much is that it's fun to take on someone else's persona for a bit, and I suppose that is why I prefer to make my own costumes rather then buy a costume from the store. I enjoying expressing myself in my own way, and I dig creating and interpreting my own costume. Plus dressing up as people who inspire me gets me pumped up.
So here's my take on Kreayshawn. I pretty much rocked her out all weekend. I was Kreamber from Friday (when Anne Sage invited me to a Halloween party in San Francisco where Too Short performed) until today. This dark hair (and the eyeliner) has been fun!!
I'm not ready to go back to being Amber just yet...
Screen shot 2011-10-31 at 9.14.50 AM
Screen shot 2011-10-30 at 11.49.54 AM
Screen shot 2011-10-27 at 11.37.56 AM
Picnik collage
Screen shot 2011-10-28 at 4.55.52 PM
Picnik collage
Screen shot 2011-10-31 at 10.44.02 AM
Some videos of me transforming into Kreayshawn. And umm some lip syncing.
I guess I should've been Keenen Cahill for Halloween...
and the real Kreayshawn:
Happy Halloween everyone!! And remember: don't be basic!!

7 comments:

  1. I've had Gucci Gucci stuck in my head since you posted the picture on Facebook! Your costumes are always so great and thought out. Love the dark hair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get bumpin, Bumpin stuck in your head now ;)
    http://youtu.be/BMFsJiAcELY
    And thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gucci Gucci is the greatest song I've heard in a long time. I never knew who sang it and now I want to copy your Halloween costume! Don't worry, I wont... this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea who she is, but you definitely pulled her ''look'' off!

    P.S: The darker hair suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny! I was wondering if your would do Lady Gaga again, one of my bosses did and it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea who she was but omg this is great. I have a friend that I sware is identical to her! INSANE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how this came together! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete