Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Look of the Day: Rhinstone Cowboy

I am slowly unpacking my fall and winter wardrobe. I like to pack up my boots and sweaters once the weather warms up and then re-evaluate when the seasons change. It not only gives me more space in my tiny closet, but it also allows me to re-evaluate the pieces I do have that I will wear again this year, and which pieces I will not wear again.

Anything that is too worn is given away or re-purposed. I try on everything before it goes back in my closet, and if it doesn't fit correctly it goes in the give away pile. As I slowly transition my closet I will share how set up my closet in order to have a variety of pieces that can be easily interchanged to form a variety of outfits.

Take these Frye Deborah boots for instance, while purchased last fall, will still see a lot of action this season. They are the perfect boot to start off my transition wardrobe. And I just love the fun details on them.
IMG_6632

IMG_6610
Urban Outfitters sweater, J brand Jeggings,
Frye Deborah studded boots.
IMG_6608
How do you transition your wardrobe?

15 comments:

  1. Those boots are gorgeous, I want a pair! Great outfit, I love the oversized, cropped sweater. XOXO, Natalya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love those boots!!

    I do the same thing about packing up my summer clothes in the winter and my winter clothes in summer. My teeny apartment closet is no match for array of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE Frye boots!!! - and those are fab! - i'm addicted to cowboy boots in any shape or form! - and i love the crop sweater too!!!

    PS … ~Join In on the Tiptoe Butterfly Necklace Give-Away Here~


    *kiss kiss*
    Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh... JBrand and Frye? You basically just mentioned my kryptonite!
    Love this post!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sexy and fun! Love the slouchy toughness

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are some fantastic boots sister! i love them and would wear them with not a second thought for sure!
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually do it that same way you do it!
    Which have only resulted in me having to go out and buy a new wardrobe this year as moving in with my boyfriend proved less than healthy for my look.
    Back to the gym I guess ;o)
    <3 Nicole Lisa
    http://www.blushcode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those boots are ridiculously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are divine!!!

    http://tinfoilstiaras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh cool I am not the only one with a small closet! I don't feel alone now. And thank you ladies for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks cute, comfy and cozy!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with those boots! They're so cute! & I do the same with my Summer to Fall clothing but I usually keep a couple pieces and try to transition them into the colder weather by layering on sweaters and tights.

    http://whatshernameslittlesecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete