Monday, December 13, 2010

'Twas the Night of My Party

And all through the house. All the creatures were stirring.
Yes, even the mouse.
The decorations were hung around the kitchen with care.
And soon glitter would soon be just about everywhere.
IMG_1280
My party dress was snug, I thought in my head;
but that would not stop me from being feed.
While I in my apron and in my hand, a night cap. I had just settled down for a long winter's craft.
IMG_1333
When out in the porch I heard such a clatter.
I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the door I flew like a flash, but first making sure to secure my apron's sash.
IMG_1238
The moon on the breast of the new fallen leaves,
gave luster to guests with enthusiasm hard to believe.
IMG_1407
With a perky attitude so lively and quick. I knew in a moment,
I must fix them a drink!
IMG_1261
More rapid then eagles their courses they came, I whistled and shouted and called them by name.
"Rock on Dasher and Dancer. And Prancer and Vixen.
Drink up Comet. On Cupid. Go Donner and Blitzen.
On top of the roof. On top of the wall.
Dance away. Decorate away. Party away, all!"
IMG_1298
Then in a twinkling I heard from the booth.
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
As I drew my head in and was turning around, the party revelers all came in with a bound.
All dressed in fur and sequins from head to boot, no ones clothes were tarnished
not one spot of soot.
IMG_1474
Their eyes how they twinkled, their dimples how merry.
Their cheeks were like roses, and one's nose was like a cherry!
IMG_1307
They spoke lots of words but also were hard at work.
All the ornaments got decorated, no one acting a jerk.
IMG_1517
I sprang to my post to give my team a good whistle and away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard them exclaim as they drove off in sight,
"What a fabulous party, and we all had a good night."
IMG_1310
Party planning details to come tomorrow!

17 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to hear all about your party planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the decorations and looks like your having fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you throw the cutest parties!!! I wish we lived closer so I could crash them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was really cute!

    sounds like fun, the glitter holiday banner is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fun Amber! You definitely throw the best parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your party looks like so much fun! You always have the BEST decorations and ideas. Please do share!
    xoxo
    http://heyhilarywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun holiday party!!!! Love your parties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! what a great post- i loved the Christmas story theme. you're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty dress! Any more pics of it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just as cute as can be! ;) This is my first time on your blog but I will be back... your too cute!
    xoxo!
    http://www.lindseyreganthorne.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your version of twas the night before christmas...your party looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOOVE the banner! and the panini station is genius! BTW...do you like that panini maker? It looks like the same one Oprah has on favorite things.

    jiye
    pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. um, I want to go to one of your parties...so next time you have one, I'm going to hope on a plane from StL and come play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. god, u people are so lovely! love all of your photos:)

    meluvsyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Christmas party looks like a blast! :-)

    ReplyDelete