Thursday, August 16, 2012

Things I Love: ARTing it UP

Let's talk about blogging
and what exactly does it mean to be a blogger?
I started blogging (my first one here) because it was place to record, share and record my life and the things in that mattered to me.
and I always grew up writing in my journals (NOTEBOOKS) everyday ... oh and making 'zines.
As blogging evolved i followed the trends, like posting my outfits EVERY SINGLE DAY.
At that point putting outfits together, taking pictures of them and posting them was an escape.
I always wanted to be a model, a writer, a stylist, a socialite.
and my blog was a means to do that on the daily.
It was a fantasy of sorts.
My Blog served as a means for me to act out my dreams, when my world was anything but fairytale-like.
I used it as an escape and as my blog grew I was able to make money off it and was able validate all the time and effort I put into it.
And that's where things got fuzzy for me.
Right now I have blog posts I am obligated to write and they will get written...
but when I feel i have to write for someone else i feel as if my creative outlet is compromised.
But hey, i do have to make money, right?
I am beginning to realize that being an artist and making money off my art can be tricky thing.
Do people come to read what I write on my blog because I get to attend fabulous events and am gifted amazing things from my favorite companies?
Maybe.
Or do they read what I write and share because I'm honest straight forward and I do share things I love in my own ways
and when i feel excited about something?
Now that's the million dollar question.
All I know is i'm going to keep doing what i do. And I'm going to keep doing it my way.
Because my way is the only way I know how to do things and, well, it's gotten me to this amazing life that I always dreamed of.
So I'm keep on dreaming, sharing, blogging and staying true to myself.
okay now I'll be getting on those obligated posts.
Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 1.54.51 AM
... I mean after I work on my Art ;)
What have you created lately? I'd love to know!!
leave a link
and if you haven't created anything lately GO OUT THERE AND CREATE!!
Photo Credit: LordAsh Photography
Styled Credit: Amber Lane
Unif Flannel, Posso for Volcome Skort (YUP SKORT) Urban outfitters Bra Top




No comments:

Post a Comment