Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Things I love: INDEPENDENCE DAY

Tomorrow I will celebrate not only our fabulous country of ours.
But I will also be celebrating my INDEPENDENCE.
roll the stone away.... it's independence day
and my independence something i have never celebrated before.
i didn't get divorced all that long ago (filed last august official this past Valentines Day) but to me it feels like a lifetime ago.
Screen Shot 2012-07-03 at 12.05.49 PM
and although my new life can get lonely, when the feelings of loneliness creep in I remind myself it's not lonely i'm feeling rather it's INDEPENDENCE and that's a feeling i haven't all that much in my life.
I mean at 22 I did move out of my childhood house to move into a house I purchased with my then fiancĂ©.
Furthermore, I had signed a thirty year morgage for i life I thought i wanted at that age.
a life i had never dreamed of before but somehow i seemed to had landed right smack in the middle of.
this apartment i live in now is only the third place i have ever lived in, and it's the first time I have lived on my own.
and it's the first time i've ever lived in a CITY!!
and i REALLY LOVE IT.
strange to think at 22 I willing locked up my next 30 years in suburbia, and 2 years later I pledged eternity and my life to a person i thought i knew and loved.
either way Ex-husband I wish you and your new family the best...
cuz i'm doing DAMN WELL
Screen Shot 2012-07-03 at 12.02.41 PM
i mean i should have known it wouldn't work when he put an END to a personal parade i was having in Tahoe some odd july fourth ago.
so you KNOW tomorrow i'll be getting my personal parade on dancing and LOVING my FREE life that I'm making for myself.
I've never been prouder or happier to be just plain 'ole fun LOVING PARTYING ME!!
and I live and celebrate that EVERYDAY!!
Screen Shot 2012-07-03 at 12.02.52 PM
THANK YOU to all my friends and family who have stood by me & allowed me to change my life from a structured one to a free spirited me. Because we all know I'm SO much the latter.
Never let anyone put you firework (OR PARADE out), because baby you are a firework.

and celebrate your independence no matter what form you have it.
You always have to be okay to just be YOU.
even if you have to change to get back to YOU
... that's what I did!!



5 comments:

  1. Girl, rock on with your bad self- enjoy your forth!! And never forget to let the haters be your motivators!! ;)

    x Carlina
    allergictovanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an amazing blog! I love all your posts <3

    Alexa
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you're finally in a place where you belong and you can be you. Never stop being you for anyone. Glad to hear things get better and better all the time <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a GAW, and a rich white American at that, you are free to make your own choices, marriage is not a prison, you are INDEPENDENT in all your choices, don't make it sound like you're not.

    ReplyDelete