Friday, June 18, 2010

Look of the Day: I got to Say, Today Was a Good Day

The Lakers beat the Supersonics Celtics
If you're a basketball fan your day may have been defined by the outcome of last night's game. I, myself, had a pretty good day today, for more then one reason, and for once sports had nothing to do with it. But rather good news from the Doctor, I am finally making progress and am well on my way to recovery. Thank goodness because I am leaving for Europe on Tuesday!

After my good news appointment I headed up to visit my Gma, who was released today from the hospital (Yay!) and also seems to be on her way to recovering. When we were waiting for my Gma to be released, my Dad stopped by and dropped off a care package from his coworker and her daughter, who read the blog! So sweet! And if that wasn't enough to make my day a happy one, Rosa, one of my twitter buddies, and a loyal blog reader and commentator on many blogs (but does not have her own blog...YET) sent me an email with a link to a birthday present she had sent to me from Etsy!!

I was shocked BLOWN away by the thoughtful gifts I received today! Thank you Ladies! After a couple crummy weeks it was so nice to have a day full of good news and sweet surprises. It's amazing how gestures like that can really make your day. Likewise, your team winning can make (or break) your days as well.

My outfit was much like yesterday's jeggings (I'm addicted and they seem to be the best choice to wear in this weather and inside the freezing hospital), a loose tee, and lots of rings and things.
I can't get enough of hats, I just wish I had more in my collection.
I love how they make an outfit fun and keep the sun off my face.
Wearing all the same jewelry as yesterday.I always feel a bit Britney in fedoras.
Rocking a free people top (similar top here,) F21 hat(a similiar AE one here)
and Cynthia Vincent for target sandals.
Thank you to Traci, Jax and Kaitlyn!! I loved my color coordinated pick me up gift!! SO cute! I can't wait to wear the scarf in Europe! And I love the little horsey! I TOTALLY made those as a kid! Thank you so much!

Did anyone else have this art set when you put beads on little pegs and then iron them and they all melt together? I loved that art set!
How cute is this gift?
Yay for good days, thoughtful gifts and people who make me smile.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're feeling better! And I totally remember those iron-art kits from when I was a kid. I loved them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful gifts are real gifts.
    HAve a happy happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got good news from the doctor and so excited you Gma was released from the hospital.
    Will you be blogging from Europe? I would be so thrilled to see pictures of the places you are going and the fashion (and the food, I am a big foodie!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on healthy recovery and getting to Europe!!

    I totally had those little iron bead things. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved those bead things when I was a kid -- now I want to go find one! I'm glad your European vacation isn't being canceled!!

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that comfy shirt and hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny! I used this exact quote "I gotta say it was a good day" with the Lakers winning. As a former Supersonic fan (now Oklahoma Thunder) that line has been embedded in my brain. Now living in LA for 7 years I am a Lakers fan and last night was incredible!

    Glad you and your Gma are on the mend!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better! Have a great time in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I LOVED those iron on kits! Not so much the Lakers though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear that you are recovering. You sure are showered with love! I hope you know how lucky you are :) I can't believe you're leaving for Europe already! I am so jealous as this was about the time I was getting ready to go last year :) I think you should blog about all the places you are going so we can live vicariously...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ladies!

    Rosa and Rebecca-I am going to try to blog as much as possible when I am in Europe! I am still debating bringing my computer, but I will definitely at least iphone blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL Nicole, Teaching in Heels, Ashley and Cara! those bead things were so fun!

    LOL Lyndsy that is too funny you thought the same thing haha! I bet it was CRAZY in LA last night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit, love fedoras - I've yet to wear mine.

    ReplyDelete