Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things I Love: Summer Nights Drifting Away

Summer is here and it sure as heck feels like it. I have been enjoying poolside days and fresh summer dinners. Yesterday I went to my friend Vanessa's house to celebrate the longest day of the year. Vanessa parents made us salmon and a peach, corn, tomato, avocado salad and it was fantastic, perfect for a warm summer night. I look forward to many more nights like that this summer and many more laughs in Vanessa's backyard.

I picked this Roxy dress up in Santa Cruz a few weekends back, I used to be *kinda* Roxy obsessed (I went job shadowed the designer for my Senior Project) so it was nice to buy something from them again after all those years.
IMG_6730.jpg
Wearing: roxy dress, forever 21 sunglasses
IMG_7086.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg
I'm not going to lie, Vanessa and I get PRETTY silly when we are together!
IMG_2826.jpg
It was the perfect way to beat the heat!
Side note: what are your favorite iPhone camera apps? I use hipstamtic and Camera +

8 comments:

  1. Your Roxy dress is fabulous.
    I am currently using a new app I just found for my iPad, it's called PhotoPad and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures definitely look hip! I don't have an iphone but my android has a cool one called Retro cam or something.

    I used to be obsessed with Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any camera apps but I think I need some, I always see cool pictures taken with them! The roxy dress looks great on you!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amber, I forgot. I also have Effects on my iPad and I think it's also available for iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried Instagram? It's pretty awesome. Diptic is neat for combining a few pictures into one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Instagram is big, I'm OBSESSED with it!
    I remember Roxy from my younger days, and I think that their pieces aren't as young looking as they used to be. I love the print on this dress. And those glasses are oversized and glorious. That's my slogan for summer: oversized and glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look sooo pretty in that roxy dress picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love hipstamatic, instagram, picture show and shakeitphoto!! Hooray for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete