Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11

I came to know Erynn through a fashion based forum back in 2006. I was getting married in August and she was getting married in October. We became fast friends sharing many things in common, we chatted often on gmail, or through private messages.

Erynn and I both bought Canon rebels together back in 2007 and we used to discuss photography together. Erynn was a Photshop whiz, and was trying to explain to me over Gmail how to edit the curves. Her husband Patrick would joke with me on Gmail teasing me about being a San Francisco Giants fan, taunting me with the Angels Rally Monkey.

When Erynn was pregnant with her first child we chatted nightly about her planning, the nursery and her maternity pictures. It was almost enough to give me baby fever. Erynn and Patrick named their first son William Patrick III, sharing the same name as Patrick and his father. Through videos I watched Patrick love being a Dad, already showing his 4 month old how to scoop and throw baseballs. Erynn soon became pregnant again and she found out it was a going to be a girl. Life seemed to be perfect.

And then on January 11 2009, at 7 months pregnant, Erynn lost both Patrick and her Father in law in a plane crash.

I don't think anything in my adult life has shocked me so much, or shaken me to the core in such a way.

Since the two years since Patrick has been gone Erynn has been everything to her two children and pulled through this tragedy in an unbelievable way.

And I have never forgotten how quickly life can be turned upside down. How plans, and dreams, and life you were sure was going to happen can be taken away from you at any moment. And today I reminding myself of that even more.
We miss you, and we will never forget.
IMG_3645
Thanks for letting me use this little space to share my feelings.
I'll be back later with a look of the day.
xoxo

18 comments:

  1. This story brought tears to my eyes. I feel for Erynn, but really admire her strength. Life is so precious and fragile. Thanks for sharing this Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Erinn to another (Erynn), my thoughts and prayers are with her on this day.... I know I'm hypersensitive to loss at the moment, but I'm in awe of those persevere through it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire Erynn's strength through the hardship, and wish the best for her and her two children. I cannot even begin to imagine what she went through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy staying up to date with Erynn on her blog, I can't believe how big Will's gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice of you Amber. I cannot believe it's been 2 years. My heart still aches for Erynn even though we have never met.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Amber, this breaks my heart for Erynn and her children. It's too terrible to conceive. My thoughts and prayers are with her on the anniversary of her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe this...I am going to read all about her. Thank you for sharing her story...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how awful. My thoughts are with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a special little lady. Love her with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That truly makes my heart ache. Wishing the best for your friend and family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks ladies for your comments and thoughts for erynn and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so, so sad Amber. Erynn and her family/children will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing.

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a tragic story. I remember you posting about this last year and I couldn't wrap my head it all. It seems like too much for someone to handle.
    Erynn is beautiful and her children are too, I give her so much credit for picking up the pieces and being so strong for her kids. What an inspiring woman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never going to forget. This was very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice post, Amber. How very sweet of you. My prayers are still with her almost every day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amber,
    I tried writing yesterday from my phone {didn't have a chance to sit at my computer yesterday} but it wouldn't go through.

    Thank you so much for this post.. you worded it so perfectly.. it brought tears to my eyes as I read it in the car. Thank you for being such a good friend to me xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. January 11 will always be stuck with me as well!! Erynn has done a wonderful job continuing on with her life and for those kids!

    ReplyDelete