Monday, April 4, 2011

Amber's {outfit} Notebook: Renting The Runway

A few weeks ago I tuned to you, the readers, to help me choose which Rent the Runway dress I should wear to the Charity Fashion Show. An overwhelming 243 of you voted and 50% of you choose the Tibi Abstract Dress - and it was a fabulous choice! The dress was perfect and I loved all the fun details that the dress had. All I had to do was add my Amrita Singh necklace (similar style here) for a pop of color!
Thanks for voting ladies, it was fun to have your help picking a dress!
IMG_6821_2
Picnik collage
IMG_6842
My Rent The Runway experience was fabulous as well!
My dress arrived the on Thursday so I had ample time to pick out jewelry, and shoes. The $50 rental fee allows you to have two sizes sent, in order to find the perfect fit, which was very handy for me.
I ordered a zero and a two (my typical size). The zero was a bit short and snug, while the 2 was bunchy in the waist area and the shoulders of the dress were too broad for me. So I ultimately opted for the size zero, but since it had a shorter hemline I added tights to make it appropriate. While neither dress fit me well enough to spend $300 on, it perfect to borrow for one night! Rent The Runway is the perfect service for any event you have coming up. Especially now that nearly every dress you wear is seen not just by the people at the event you attend, but all your Facebook friends as well.
Picnik collage
I hope your weekend was fabulous!
I'll be back with my Charity Fashion Show recap later today!

16 comments:

  1. You look fabulous and honestly with the tights it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress. and such a good idea to rent dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the outfit and necklace!!! Beautiful! xx-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you went for this dress it looks amazing on you!!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it so much on you! i have the dress too and wish i would have sized down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out amazing! Great necklace choice against the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, you looked fab of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay thats the dress I voted for! So cute on you and love that you gave it your own Amber touch! I am thinking of using Rent from the Runways for a wedding in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress looks gorgeous on you Amber! love how the necklace makes it pop :)

    http://mindlessramblingsofablonde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous and I love the necklace with it. It adds a perfect pop of color.

    http://louboutinsinlalaland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I've been so wondering about Rent the Runway - I need to try that out sometime.

    I also LOVE the first photo of you in the middle of the curtains and the light behind. Very cool.

    Meggy from Chasing Davies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously love that dress - whenever it pops up on my internet-fashion-shopping adventures it always makes me stop and stare! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you look amazing! That dress is lovely, specially the back so subtly sexy, necklace was such a great accessorie!

    <3 Cess O.
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great dress! Thanks for sharing your experience with Rent the Runway - I had been wondering about that, especially since there are so many weddings I am going to this year, and didn't want to spend so much money on more clothes - but this site is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! Love the dress on you! Especially the back! I have a dress with a similar cut on the back and it's so flattering! I got a groupon for renttherunway so I'll be renting something sometime soon too! Excited to try it!

    pearlsandgreentea.com

    ReplyDelete