Thursday, April 21, 2011

Look of the Day: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

The weather right now is like that guy you crushed on in high school. No, I don't mean cool and hot -- but he was that too. I mean, I can't tell if he is gong to make his mind up on what he wants, and it's driving me nuts. All I want to do is wear cute dresses and skirts, but he's dragging things out, making me guess what he wants and is just confusing the heck out of me (Are you there God? It's me, Amber).
The weather reports these days include a cornucopia of rain, sun and weather that just isn't quite warm enough for me. It's sunny one day, rainy the next; it's enough to make my head spin. Trying to guess what the weather will be is like trying to guess what that dude is thinking. So I guess I just have to sit back, wait things out and hope he, I mean the weather, will come around eventually. I suppose when my sunny days and 75' degree (though I'd prefer 85') weather finally show up, I'll be as giddy as a high schooler when she finally get word that he likes her. He really likes her.

Rain requires closed toe shoes (over them!), and brisk weather requires a cardigan (really, again?). I almost gave up but I threw some pink and ruffles in there for kicks, but you know I didn't want to give him any satisfaction and try too hard.
IMG_7502
Anthropologie top, Lauren Conrad for Kohls cardigan, J brand Jeggings, Deena and Ozzy boots.
IMG_7504
Bumming it's not warmer to expose more skin.
IMG_7507
Alright I'm window shopping my Thursday away on twitter #comejoinme.

18 comments:

  1. Love your boots! Very cute!! xx-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots were the perfect addition to this sweet, feminine look - they add a little edge! I hope the weather warms up (and dries out) soon for you...and for me, actually. I'm moving to SF in a month, and after living in Mexico for seven months, I've grown accustomed to nice weather!

    Santina
    http://stylebysantina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute top! I hope the sun shows itself for you soon ♥

    Laurenlovestoshare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having the same weather crisis as you Amber! It's rainy, cold, now today sunny. Ugh, make up your mind.
    I think you wore the perfect outfit for this crazy weather. Love that anthro top - the color is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is just like that her too and it sucks! You're still looking fabulous even through all the confusing weather!!!

    xoxo

    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the weather. We had snow yesterday in MN. Sun is def playing hide and seek and evidently I'm not good at finding it.
    Loooove that top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute as always amber! ahh i know this weather is driving me insane!!! we have to meet up before I move back in august!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh I know what you mean. The weather around here has been totally schitzophrenic lately. I just want sunshine and warmth! Is that too much to ask? Good to see that you are making the most of the transitional weather by layering on sweaters with your more summery top. I've been trying to find every way possible to sneak in summer sundresses despite the gloom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love how you compare the weather to that guy in highscool. I love it. This top is so cute. It's looks great with those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just the cutest, Amber! =) Love the colors and patterns and shapes you put together here. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your backyard is looking great! I love your outfit and I love your analogy :) So funny and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! I wish I had been able to do some window "online" shopping with you yesterday. Did you find anything good?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could not agree with your assessment more! It's so frustrating. Will spring please just stay once and for all? I am ready for sundresses and sunnies, por favor.

    ReplyDelete