Monday, April 11, 2011

Amber's {Weekend} Notebook: Golden Moment

Last week was my spring break. While I planned on wearing cute outfits, crafting and blogging the heck of out my week; instead I spent my week practicing yoga, hiking and working on my garden, and I hardly made it out of my of my gym clothes. However, I did have a very special birthday to celebrate so I also spent the the week making someone's favorite meals (like his Mom's enchiladas) and I made time to bake an age appropriate Dinosaur cake (which I inadvertently doubled the recipe resulting in a dinosaur-sized cake).
We also celebrated Casey's 30th Birthday by spending Friday wine tasting and then on his actual birthday (Saturday) we attended the game and World Series ring ceremony. It was so cool to see the players receive their rings and wear their gold jersey's for the night. During the months of April through September our nights and weekend revolve around baseball games - good thing I have a husband who loves baseball as much as I do!
The weather was perfect for a drive and sampling some wines on Friday.
IMG_7059_2
Picnik collage
And Saturday while super chilly and windy was a great game.
And seeing the Giants players receive their world series rings brought tears to my eyes.
IMG_7148
Picnik collage
IMG_7167
I hope you had a fabulous weekend as well!
Time for me to catch up on my blog reading!

21 comments:

  1. You are so freaking cute! I love that photo of you making a face at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all deserve some time off... looks like spring break was a blast! Jealous :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just adorable Amber! Looks like an awesome Spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fab break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you guys had so much fun! you look so cute in all the pictures Amber!!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love that photo of you at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun time. I also went to my teams opening day this past friday, and also went back on sunday!

    http://turtle515.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the weekend photos! I hope Casey had a fabulous birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great spring break! Happy b-day to Casey!

    (I def. teared up with I watched the Sox get their WS rings, I remember just feeling that emotion of the crowd and the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you wearing sequins on game day?! LOVE it. sounds like you had a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Amber! Happy birthday to Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like such a fun time...I bet just chilling at home doing things in your PJ's was too! :) Love all the pictures and don't you just love wine tasting! Glad it was a successful spring break and Happy 30th Birthday to Casey!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! I wanted to go to the game. Very jealous. Glad you had great Spring break!

    Amber
    www.themagikmirror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great weekend! Happy 30th Casey!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like a lot of fun!

    norma
    norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing pics!
    Gorgeous blog! Following! Follow back?<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks ladies!

    And Anna - yes I always wear my sequins to the games =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sad i didn't get to meet you last week when I was in San Fran. That stadium is gorgeous and we had a great time at Momo's beforehand. Also the dodger win didn't hurt either :)

    ReplyDelete