Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Amber's {vintage} Notebook: Alameda Flea Market

On Sunday Casey and I woke up bright and early and headed out to the Alameda Flea Market. The Alameda Flea Market is more then just a flea market, it is a hot spot for pickers, collectors and foodies to come together and celebrate Americana. It's where the junk is treasure, vintage is hot and the food is darn good!
It is a must go to event.
IMG_6948
Caesy and I arrived bright and early and picked our way through the event, leaving too many good finds behind, and leaving with one's we may never use. I am so lucky to have a husband who loves hunting for treasures as much as I do. History Channel shows like American Pickers have only gotten us more excited about old American treasures, only while making us more obsessed with made in America pieces. Regardless, we are always thankful for a fun day filled with great finds and Parisian treats, luch like the amazing crepes we indulged in to keep us energized. I ordered a savory tomato, and mushroom crepe, while Casey opted for a sugary sweet concoction - both were fantastic!
IMG_6944
IMG_6947
After a long day of looking and observing, I came home with a New Orleans themed charm bracelet, an A and a W; a 70's dress I could not leave behind, and a Marsha Brady suitcase.
Picnik collage
And speaking of finds, here are some that I picked from Annie's garage sale a few weeks ago.
IMG_6185
When her mom gave me this Max Factor vintage locket compact, I was just blown away. It's so cool!
IMG_6178
What are some treasures you hunt for?

19 comments:

  1. You got some really amazing stuff lady! That charm bracelet is so cute. Your post is making really want to go to Eastern Market in DC soon. There's food, artists selling their unique items, a little flea market on the side, produce, and the best blueberry pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whenever i go flea marketing i'm always on the hunt for a beautiful vintage purse. but then i never carry it b/c i always need room for my water bottle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this looks like Heaven on Earth! What an awesome place! Crepes are maybe one of my favorite things in the whole world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to flea markets...this looks like a pretty cool one. Too bad I live on the East Coast! Also love the charm bracelet you bought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish we had good flea market around here!! I love the A &W you found!
    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flea markets! Can't for the Munich's spring flea market in a few weeks! I always find beautiful things there...

    xx Olga
    La Petite Olga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff!! You'll have to let me know where this is and when so I can heads that way!

    Amber
    www.themagikmirror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had places like this around here. I'd love to be a treasure hunter.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage magazines! I always keep an eye out for those. And I'm currently looking for an old typewriter. This flea market looks awesome. You found some great stuff. I can't wait to see you in that vintage dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never gone to a flea market, but I see so many people with amazing finds from them. The suitcase is adorable.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Girl, look at my post today! I Love antiquing and thrifting!!! :)

    I LOVE the 'A' I am on the hunt for an M...need one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. waaaaah where was the invite?! :(

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing find that charm bracelet was and the huge letters! Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still charmed by your vintage bracelet find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos came out amazing! Totally making me crave for a flea market trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hubs likes to go antique shopping with me too! And we like watching American Pickers too, they are so funny!

    Looks like you got some great stuff! I'm always looking for either home decor stuff or jewelry. Pretty standard stuff but whatever catches my eye, I usually end up bringing home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love flea markets especially whenI have eyes for jewelry! Great finds

    ReplyDelete