Friday, February 18, 2011

Flowers of the Week: Fresh to Death

One of my resolutions this year was to use more flowers from my own garden for my inside bouquets. So the other night just before rain and wind were about to blow in, I went outside to rescue some of my lovely, delicate, daffodils. I'm so glad I did because they have been brightening up my kitchen table ever since. They look perfect bundled up in my 'Fresh' vase from Esty seller Clayswan - her stuff is adorable (great for presents).
IMG_5244
I just love daffodils. It's amazing how accurate they are in their bloom time. For example, here is a post from last year and the same bulbs bloomed on almost the same day as last year. I am going to have to keep and more accurate record! Nature never ceases to amaze me.
IMG_5245
IMG_5246
What is brightening your day up today?

17 comments:

  1. that is a pretty flower- reminds me of mine form my bf for Valentines day

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love daffodils.
    my valentines flowers are still brightening up my living room.
    love your blog.

    http://lovelucylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running into you at Room with a Past brightened up my day!

    http://navywife-diary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love daffodils, they are such happy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened on your bog & just had to say hello from one Amber to another :)

    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    http://amberblueskies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers! but i must say my homemade peanut butter cookies are what is making me smile today.. and of course.. its a friday :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bleautiful flowers!! Need to get new ones for my place this weekend!!

    xx Olga
    La Petite Olga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fresh flowers are always great to have in the house! My yellow roses are brightening my day today too!
    xoxo
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love fresh flowers. i also try to pick some up at the local farmers market since i dont have a garden. it always brightens up the room. you have a great blog & needless to say - im your newest follower. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. these pics are brightening my days! the ultimate spring flower! I wish flowers were blooming here... maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are just beautiful! I totally need to go pick up some blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love it. I do the same thing as often as I can. I love having fresh cut flowers around, and try to arrange as many as I can from my garden in the summer and spring. The daffodils are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such pretty pictures...i love that vase, so i will have to check out the etsy shop! daffodils always amaze me too...they used to grow every year by my mailbox growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like flowers in my house:) luckily my boyfriend gives flowers very often. I like these type of flowers! you never really see these;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwwww daffodiles are my ABSOLUTE favorite flowers! They always take me back to my childhood memories of being at my grandma's garden and warm Spring evenings...

    xx
    A Journey to Style

    ReplyDelete