Monday, February 7, 2011

Party Prep: Will You Be my Valentine?

On Friday I hosted a small {last minute} Valentine's Day craft party. I was thinking of hosting one but that dates weren't quite working out right so I never fully planned anything. But on Friday evening Annie and I gathered our craft supplies, V grabbed some hummus and pitas and Jen grabbed some cupcakes and we got crafting.
Glitter is always a must.
And thanks to Annie, I now need the Martha Glitter pen set!
<span class=
Since the party was set the night before, I didn't get to go all out on the decorations.
Instead I gathered anything that was pink, red or heart-shaped and placed them strategically around to act as decorations.
<span class=
<span class=
I cut a heart out of construction paper {elementary school style} and dusted the hummus with paprika.
Heart shaped hummus was the perfect Valentines Day party crafting snack!
<span class=
Red, pink, purple glitter and crafting supplies were set up for guests to get creative with.
Martha was there in spirit to inspire.
<span class=
<span class=
We were all happy campers.
<span class=
Some of the crafts from the night.
<span class=
We hope the recipients of our handmade cards will enjoy our crafts.
Who doesn't enjoy a fun treat in their mail box?

8 comments:

  1. Looks great lady! love how creative you are. PS I got a feather extension too! just noticed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!!! I would have totally come! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea. I want to copy this idea. I love crafts!!!

    xo,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! And I love the heart shaped paprika on the hummus idea! Im going to STEAL the idea and be a fabulous lady just like YOU!! Happy Valentines Day!! - XOXO Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun! i love crafting! i just sent out my vday cards today to my gfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave you the stylish blogger award!!

    Audrey
    www.livingfoxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! What a cute idea, I haven't made cards in such a long time and they always are so pretty. Making valentines cards is SOOOO fun and I love how you made a heart garnish on the hummus so cute.

    xo
    Margot

    ReplyDelete