Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things I Love: Taste the Rainbow

Yesterday when I pulled out my iPad and gave Facebook my morning scroll through, I saw my friend Erynn posted a picture of her morning green smoothie. It looked so yummy and healthy it immediately motivated me to bust out my juicer and make a cleaning drink. I go in and out of my juicing habits, I usually juice more in the summer. But let me tell you I never regret it when I do juice. I don't think there is a better way to start your day then with a big glass of fresh juice.
<span class=
In the mix: Blueberries, apple, ginger, cucumber, lemon and a carrot
(basically whatever I had on hand).
<span class=
Way better then an artificial sugar rainbow.
<span class=
What's your favorite way to start your morning?

11 comments:

  1. I have never bought or had a juicer. I should get one though. I love having orange juice in the morning and the organic stuff is pretty expensive.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite way to start the morning is coffee. But this juice mix does sound pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I love making juice I am a fan of carrot and apple :)

    xo
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to purchase a juicer for quite some time now. This just motivated me to actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore rainbows so this taste the rainbow is right up my alley! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good Amber! I love to start my day healthy too, it makes me behave better throughout the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm. What a healthy way to start the morning. I don't drink coffee or tea that often, so I usually start my morning with a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of water. I should really add in some fruit though, this would be a great way to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I juice every morning too, you should try this recipe, it's so simple and it's the best - here's the link I posted a while back http://confessionsofacallcentergal.blogspot.com/2010/11/best-homemade-sherbert-lemonade.html

    p/s I sent you an email a few days ago, I hope you got it. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to make myself a little banana strawberry smoothie every day and after seeing this post, that's what I am gonna start doing again starting Monday! It was my perfect way to start my morning. Thanks for the motivation Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you served it up in a wine glass! :p

    I make myself smoothies...it is just ice, rasberries, blueberries, banana, and Simply Orange juice. Ideally, I should juice oranges on Sunday, and use fresh juice. One of these days. :p

    ReplyDelete