Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Look of the Day: My Flare Lady

Flare jeans are something I love. My love affair with them began back in the heyday of my shopping trips to Wet Seal and Contempo Casuals. My Mudd flare jeans fit me perfect and were also friendly on my teenage wallet. But soon flare jeans became something hard to find in a sea of Citizens, and 7FAMK jeans. Few and far between were flare jeans -- that is until this season. Flare jeans finally seem to be coming back with a vengeance, and I have made sure to acquire a pair from all my favorite brands -- just to make sure I'm well stocked when the next anti-flare jean wave comes in. I like my flares big. Now, I'm just on the hunt for a mega-bell.
Thank you LF for having your jeans on super sale.
It almost felt like buying a pair of Mudd Jeans back in 2000.
Picture 2
I love it when my flares cover almost all of my shoe. Can't wait to wear these with wedges!
IMG_5337
LF jeans, Tom Ford Sunglasses, Deena and Ozzy Boots.
Old jacket and necklace.
Picture 3
IMG_5334
What cut of jeans is your favorite?

13 comments:

  1. OMG...I LOVE that your MUDD jeans were your fav! I keep talking about them on my blog. I had a pair in HS that I would kill to have right now. In my adulthood my Gap Vintage Flares are trying to take their place.

    And all of my flares HAVE to cover my shoes :)

    have a great week!

    fashionistammc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these jeans on you Amber. Your legs look so incredibly long!! I'm a bell girl myself. Have a couple more pairs getting altered as we speak. Lurve!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always be a flare girl! I'd chose them over any style anyday! I love this pair you've got!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute outfit.
    i haven't worn flare jeans in years but they look so good on you.

    http://lovelucylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in these jeans Amber! I really want to get a pair. I finally found a pair of red pants, so now I am on the hunt for the perfect pair of wide leg jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. flare jeans are something i've always been drawn to since high school!!! i have an LF near me - will have to check out those jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good flare jean and I couldn't be more happy they're back in style. The skinny just didn't work for this hippy girl!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the title of this post!! I love my flares big and covering my shoes as well...always have..always will. call me old fashioned i guess. LOL! My GAP vintage flares are my fave right now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Contempo Casuals....I haven't thought about that place in years. Sweet memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Amber, that looks exactly like my default outfit of choice!

    LovePeaceandVintage.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so remember my first visit to Contempo Casual. Aaahhh those were the days.

    http://www.maybethisdoor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite is definitely the flare also! Then again, I also swore I'd never wear skinny jeans and lo and behold I now own a pair. I think the flare will always have a special place in my heart, though.

    ReplyDelete