Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Party Preperation

Every year my family and I got to our local pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins to carve. Today I spent the day preparing for my pumpkin carving party. I started my day my craft bibles Martha Stewart October issues. Then I picked up tons of flowers and local food the farmers market. And now I am putting together a play list and putting a menu together. I love party planning!

I love stealing ideas from Martha.


Then I picked up tons of flowers and local food from the farmers market.
I filled the House with local flowers. The pops of orange everywhere made me feel so Karen!



My hutch is all ready for the party. Complete with pumpkins, flowers, Witch cook brew books and Erlenmeyer flasks (A Martha idea.)

A nod to my favorite witches. Samantha Stevens from Bewitched and the 3 witches from MacBeth. (I am aware the apostrophe is in the wrong place but when I put it on the outside of the "s" it made the number 30 small like the s....sigh)
Erlenmeyer flasks that will be used for drinks tomorrow. An idea from Martha's 2008 October issue.

Getting Batty!!
My itunes playlist thus far. Any spooky Halloween song suggestions would be great! All Pictures can be clicked on and enlarged.

10 comments:

  1. OMG - I love everything. The brewbooks are the most adorable idea ever. I love those flasks! I want to be invited to a party at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. That is so amazing. I can't wait to come over!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party looks like so much fun! Hope you had a great time! Can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are sure to put everyone in the halloween mood...love the lab flasks, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to fly from Atlanta for your party! Everything looks so cute!

    Funny, I was going to say add Eyes on Fire to your playlist too. Kind of has a spooky feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun party! Love all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks girls!! Ok cool just downloaded Eyes on Fire to my playiist, thank you for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yayaayay so fun. halloween is my most favorite

    ReplyDelete
  10. October Fall FUN! Enjoy the WHOLE season!!

    ReplyDelete