Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Look of the Day: Mixing High and Low End Pieces

Today I went to meeting at a local magazine to participate in a round table discussion about Style and Fashion. I was honored to be invited by the Magazine's Style editor.

It was a really nice to meet other local ladies who shared an interest in fashion and shopping just like me. We discussed fashion east of San Francisco and what makes our region distinct.

One reoccurring theme in our discussion was pairing high and low end items and remixing pieces. Both of which are popular topics on blogs. I think the outfit I wore to the meeting represented both of those points.
In this outfit I mixed a Joie Tunic with $11 h&m pants and nine west boots.

The last time I wore this Joie top was when I paired it with a red printed mini skirt and kitten heels. Its all about buying classic closet essentials and in my book that just happens to mean a leopard silk tunic -- I guarantee I will wear this thing for years to come.
<span class=
<span class=
Joie Glendale Leopard Tunic, H&M leggings, Nine West Vintage America Boots.
<span class=
What are some of your not so ordinary closet essentials?

18 comments:

  1. I love your top! I find myself combining high end items with my H&M finds. So fun that you got to meet with other fashionistas at this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! I'm such a traditionalist, I don't have many not so ordinary closet essentials. I do have some crazy tights and fun jewelry though.

    http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately my job makes my closet quite ordinary, but I think that top would spice up any suit I own... I must purchase it immediately!! A little pre-christmas present to myself. Thanks for posting the link ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Amber. The only "high end" pieces I have in my closet are Jeans...ugh. haha

    http://daisylynns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy wow, congratulations! What a great honour and opportunity, Editor!

    Love the outfit, esp. the flowy top!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds like so much fun, so glad I came across your blog! following now. that joie top makes me dieee <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Amber! How awesome you got to participate, they're smart and definitely asked the right gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look and I love leopard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lucky girl talk about girlie stuff all day I'm super jealous jk new follower hope you can follow too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I just bought a Bettie Page 2 piece leopard print ensemble that I will wear for years to come! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your top. Mixing high end pieces with vintage or low cost items is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! So cute, and animal print looks really good on you. I have never been able to pull it off, or just don't know what's the right piece. HELP! :-)
    I love how they're going to focus on what makes the fashion east of the city. I definitely have noticed that when I go out to SF I am wearing SO much more color than the city folk, and can feel uncomfortable about it when I'm there, but when I'm here it feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the outfit and all your great input at the meeting! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you style the tunic...great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm into animal print lately so love your tunic!! really nice

    Viaggio della Farfalla
    The Key Item

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice tunic, I found the same on this site Stylephotos

    ReplyDelete