Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Movie of the Moment: Gentelmen Prefer Blondes

IMG_9993
My current old movie on replay is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. It is a musical comedy starring Jane Russel and Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn plays Lorelei a 'dumb' blonde, with a penchant for millionaires, hence Diamonds are a Girl's best Friend. Jane Russel plays Dorthey Shaw, Lorelei's brunette best friend. Contrary to Lorelei, Dorthy is on a mission to find a man interested in her and not interested in buying her.
IMG_0004
The two head on a cruise to Paris.
Forget Sex and The City Two, this is kind of the ultimate best friend's get-a-way movie.
IMG_0010
There is scheming and songs all along the way.
IMG_0022
And many outfit and style inspirations.
IMG_0031
And no trip to Paris is complete without a shopping spree and a beret!
IMG_0050
Gentleman Prefer Blondes is very cute movie to say the least.
And if you're like me you'll love the style inspiration as much as me.

8 comments:

  1. I love that movie! Such great style! I love berets (especially because it's a hat that's flattering to my round face...lol).
    http://lajolielavie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I've never seen that movie, but now I totally want to watch it with some of my girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this movie!! I love the storyline, the style, and Marylin in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ashamed to say that I have never seen this movie- especially as I love Marilyn! I sense an old movie rental session coming up! Thanks for the idea!

    xo Emily

    tinfoilstiaras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. every time i feel sad i pop in some marilyn and feel instantly better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes- such a good movie! There is so much eye candy, I could probably sit and watch it even if the sound was off :)

    ReplyDelete