Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Look of the Day/Style Icon: Ode to Gwen Stefani

Hey Baby, visible bra straps are not something I fear. Although they are faux pas in some circumstances and some think they should be left Underneath it All. I dare to live a Simple Kind of Life and In My Head I have stopped worring about them hanging out.

I may not be an Orange County Girl but I blame my lack of hiding bra straps on my long time style icon. Excuse Me Mister, but I'm referring to the one and only Gwen Stefani.

Gwen Stefani has a Luxurious style but still keeps it SoCal cool. Her songs and outfit inspirations make me feel Hella Good. Her bright colored bra straps are something that she wore back when she was Just a Girl and still does now as a mother on Sunday Morning.

What you waiting for? Her to stop? I think not.

Now that You Got It, Don't Speak if you don't feel the same way. I know just what your thinking. Even if I was a Rich Girl I would still rock the bra strap look.

Different People
may disagree that Gwen started a Tragic Kingdom of exposed bra straps, but I know that I'm not Trapped in a Box and can expose my bra straps and still live a Platinum Blonde Life.

Holla Back Girl! What's you take on this Serious Bra strap issue?

Advice for wearing exposed bra straps: Don't get it Twisted.
<span class=
My best Gwen pose.
<span class=
And the one and only:
Gwen <span class=
Picture 5
Picture 4
Urban blouse, DSW shoes, J Brand jeggings, Victoria Secret Bra Straps.
<span class=
Please tell me there are others out there who are huge Gwen/No Doubt fans like me!!
And if not I apoligize, I could have gone but I decided to stop at 20 song titles.

17 comments:

  1. Love Gwen Stefani and you really did pull off a look like her. Hard to do without balls of steel or some killer confidence. Great job.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good.. Ive always been one of those girls that likes to hide them, Idk maybe I dont pull it off well in my mind, I mean sometimes they slip but maybe with your inspiration from Gween I will try it! Hope you are having a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gwen and I love you!
    This is a look I will leave to you confident, kick-ass Cali girls :)
    I will never forget when Tragic Kingdom first came out, Spidwerwebs and Don't Speak were so revolutionary to me then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I meant *Spiderwebs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have that same shirt!! but i hide it underneath a thicker tank to hide the bra... but your look definitely works. i like it! maybe i'll have to give it a try too. its been so hot in the bay area!!! cute shoes too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love gwen...and i love your version of her style! still girly and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has and always is a favorite in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! I heart me some Gwen and your ode is just fantastic! I rocked my bra straps showing on Saturday night. I don't mind the look at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HUUUUGEE fan, although I have never seen her in concert...does that make me a HUGGGEE fan? Prolly not. bummer :)

    Love how you did your blog post today

    http://daisylynns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Your paragraphs are so creative! You really had me laughing ... Loved the look! I like Gwen a lot! But you outfit is actually way cuter and polished! ... Thanks for stopping by my blog, I just cheked yours and liked it a lot! Already on my bloglovin' list! xo!

    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute and creative play on words ;) Her songs represent so many girls!
    I love the look of course. That top seems like it's a dream to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Gwen, she is just awesome!!!

    I love how many songs you got in your post, very impressive! I love how creative you are!

    Xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! Love this post so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE Gwen. I remember listening to No Doubt and wanting to be just like her! I'm also a fan of not hiding bra straps. Love your outfit!

    I'm a new follower. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete