Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Look of the Day: 98 Degrees

Yesterday my Facebook and Google reader were bombarded by complains of California's scorching heat. I, for one, was not complaining. It may be hot but I feel like I finally have a chance to wear all my unworn summer dresses. This summer I pretty much lived in Jeggings because hot days were few and far between.
I also remember last fall starting out this warm as well, one reason I have put off purchasing boots and sweaters. I learned that lesson after watching many of my "fall" purchase plummet in price before I wore them last year. The seasons just aren't what they used to be to me it seems as if Fall is the new Summer, and Spring is the new Winter.
Since the temperature was over 100 degrees, I think it was perfectly acceptable to break the old never wear white after Labor Day rule.
<span class=
<span class=
Forever 21 dress, Forever 21 Chambray shirt, and Cynthia Vincent for Target sandals.
<span class=
Yay for sandals, dresses and enjoying the weather while it's here.

13 comments:

  1. You look adorable and what a day it was to wear summer stuff...can't believe CA beat an all time record! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send some of that amazing weather up to Seattle! We're humid and overcast. That dress is so fun and I love it paired with the denim shirt!
    xoxo

    http://heyhilarywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! This outfit is so chic and effortless - love it Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous dress!


    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Check out my giveaway!
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh-so jealous of the heat wave! In Ottawa, Canada it is boots and jacket season-boo! I love the Chambray shirt-great transitional piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so hot in DC this summer that I was so happy to see the fall weather arrive this week, though it has been storming on and off.
    That dress is so cute and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totes agree with you. I do NOT understand the Cali people who are complaining about the heat when we've been FREEZING all summer long!

    Also, I desperately needed a summer-time dress this past weekend and grabbed one for $20 on sale - it was $60 at the beginning of the summer, but it would have been too cold to wear it! Definitely pays to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya!! Florida is redic hot! I'm not complaining, but I sure do want to bust out some boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look cool....and chic:)
    It was 53 degrees driving to work...Fall has arrived in MI:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also thinking it's best to wait to shop....I don't think i'll be getting any use out of my new fall stuff until the end of oct.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your outfit .. looks gorgeous! It's been really hot here too ... but instead of wearing adorable dresses, i've been stuck wearing work slacks :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute, love this outfit. You rock it effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete