Monday, September 13, 2010

Party Prep: I'ma Let You Finish

I like to be festive. I like to party. I like to dress up. And I like to celebrate the biggest and smallest things in life. So when the VMA's are on, I don't just block off my Sunday night. I plan VMA themed menu, rock my 2002 Eminem concert tee, and utilize the heck out of anything I have around that reminds me of anything Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.
IMG_4740
So excited that Chelsea hosted! It was my favorite, but the opening making fun of Gaga was pretty classic.
IMG_4752
Of course I had lots of M&M's around.
IMG_4739

IMG_4729
Pre-VMA's entertainment--in honor of my fellow California Girl, Katie Perry.
IMG_4755

IMG_4754
Moon Men Mahi Mahi Burgers.
IMG_4773
There really wasn't any omg did that just happen moments this year.
I also thought that last year's performance's by Pink, Gaga and Beyonce's KILLED it compared to year's performances.
IMG_4774
And I don't think this year's Lady Gaga wore an outfit I could recreate, but I loved how she honored Alexander McQueen, who is rumored to have designed all her crazy looks from last year.
IMG_4779
Did you watch? What did you think?

15 comments:

  1. I wish I was your next door neighbor, I'd crash every "party" of yours :) I actually missed most of the show due to football, go figure, but I know MTV will reply the sht out of it. Can't wait to see everything I missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch...and I was impressed by some and bored by others. I love that you have all your themed parties...and I love EM as much as you!! Maybe one day when my boys are all growed up I can host big people parties and not just birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm gonna try to catch up on clips today.

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second E Hayes- If I was your neighbor I'da crashed the party :) Everything looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and creative way to celebrate the evening! I didn't watch, but I recorded it and will catch up on it tonight. I with I had one of your mahi mahi burgers while I watched!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always an incredible party planner! I so want to move to CA so I could crashed all your parties! Just like E Hayes and Mother of style. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want party with you lovely lady...I cant get enough you..your just too fabulous!!

    I think you should a gossip girl party tonight and i'll wish I was there.
    www.nothinbutatshirton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! So cute. I loved Eminem and Rhianna's opening and Katy Perry's dress was adorable!

    <3, natasha xoxo
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fun idea! I watched too. Loved that jersey shore was there. Haha..they're hilarious!

    http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks girls! I get a little too into my party planning! OMG Aly i missed it! I didn't realize it started yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I thought last years show was a lot better, but really enjoyed Florence and the Machine. She KILLED it! Also loved me some Chelsea Handler :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't watch it but I'm in LOVE with the fact that you threw a party! Seriously adorable and amazing!

    P.S. Great to meet you the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too like to host parties to celebrate the big and small and dress up and I love that you did that for the VMA's...what great pics! FUN!

    Liesl :)

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my little site and for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete