Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Things I love: Pretty Parties

Recently I went to my friend Annie's house for a Stella and Dot party and her decorations and appetizers for the party were just lovely. It reminded me of a Tea Party, all the details were antique, girly and chic.
I just loved her collection of three pitchers that she used for her flower arrangement. I definitely want to recreate a collection of three arrangements for one of my Flowers of the Week Posts. It makes such a big statement to use three vases compared to one. I just love it and I can't wait to recreate. Since I don't have a collection pitchers Ill probably use jars. Jars are my favorite on-the-cheap vase!

Her Mom's collection of antique cake stands were the perfect accoutrement to mirror the triple flower pitchers.
Annie's Lemon bar recipe here.
Annie posted the recipe to this asparagus tart on her blog here.
It's the perfect party appetizer.
Yay for pretty parties!

9 comments:

  1. Not sure if her Asparagus Tart is the same but Cupcakes & Cashmere did a really good one on her blog!

    http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/asparagus-gruyere-tart/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this party reminds me of a tea party one of the bloggers here in DC (3PennyPrincess) had last year for some of the JCrew aficionadas in the area.
    Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these too...the smallest things have a way of inviting you in, dont they?

    These are great!

    Statements in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these....Beautiful

    What a great blog

    Had a few minutes to blog hop...Hope you will stop by my holiday blog...there is a great Ornament Giveaway this week.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amber!! I love my new pitchers, I purchsed them at the Alameda Antique Faire- you have to check it out next month and of course I posted the Asperagus Tart recipe as well as the recipe for my Lemon Bars ;)


    http://navywife-diary.blogspot.com/2010/09/anne-maries-lemon-bars.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg Annie I don't now how I missed that but I just edited the links to link to the recipes =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flowers! so pretty

    thestylesandwich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That asparagus tart looks amazing!!

    http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete