Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things I love: Fall Harvest

One thing I love about Autumn is the produce that is in season. Squashes, heirloom tomatoes and pears fill the farmers markets stands. Not only are they incredibly tasty but they are so pretty. Pretty enough that I use them as centerpieces and arrange them in fun bowls for displays in my kitchen. I can't wait to go to the Farmers Market this Saturday to pick up some squashes. I love using pumpkins, squashes to add some fall ambiance inside.
I just love heirloom tomatoes, they make anything you add them to pretty.
IMG_4973
The pears from the farmers market are out of this world, and serve as a pretty centerpiece.
IMG_4954
Life is like a bowl of cherry {tomatoes}.
IMG_5770
All the fall produce has been inspiring my to open up my cook books and utilize the harvest to it's fullest.
IMG_5772
Remember to eat local {and in season} when possible!

9 comments:

  1. Perfect! I just joined this Washington Green Grocer program where they deliver fresh organic local veges and fruit! It came today and I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your countertops... one of my favorite colorings of granite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the pears as a centerpiece! So cute and fall appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos!!! loving the fall inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pears DO make a lovely centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygosh, everything looks so delish! & I'm not even a big fan of tomatoes, haha.

    http://whatshernameslittlesecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post Amber! all of your goodies look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete