Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Look of the Day: Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jack,

Yesterday was a big day, Britney was on Glee and the Giants beat the Diamondbacks. And why thank you Padres for losing, that was a nice cherry on top. Just a warning: I'm going to be going baseball crazy this week, I apologize in advance.
Once again the temperature was scorching so I keep my three day dress streak going and rocked this little Anthropologie number who went unworn all summer. I think it was from last summer, I just remember purchasing it on sale because I liked the sheer top with polka dot details, and of course pockets in dresses are always a good thing.
I even felt a bit like I was channeling Audrey, so I threw on my big sunglasses and a bun.
IMG_5834
IMG_5842
Anthropolgie dress (Kim could maybe ID), Report sandals, Tom Ford sunglasses and Etsy Classic design necklace.
IMG_5826
Being up two games feels so good.

17 comments:

  1. a black dress with pockets? sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I like how you made a classy black dress look more casual with flat sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look, those sandals are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holly golightly would have totally sported that to a baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. got the same sunnies - love Ford's!

    PS - GIVE-AWAY going on - just wanna spread the love!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the contrasting patterns in the dress. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me just apologize, from the bottom of my heart, for my Yankees beating your giants in the World Series, Amber.

    You look lovely though, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean that with lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL beth! I am honored that you would even put us in the World Series against you. I just have my fingers crossed for play offs! LOL, Best. Comment. Ever.


    Thanks ladies! The compliments go to the dress and sandals, super simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dress as well as the little vanity desk/table in the background? is the bench a piano bench as well?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress. I like the delicate lace at the top. I have that same necklace. Hubby made a comment smart ass comment about and that must have done a psychological dosie on me b/c I haven't worn it in months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did this go unworn? It's so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this look! I can definitely see this as a modern Audrey Hepburn. Plus, those sunglasses are totally awesome.

    You look gorgeous lady :]

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies! Yes valuevillageandgoodwill it is my piano bench

    and C&C um I wear that necklace daily--bust it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a wonderful dress. So cute! I'm rooting for the Giants too. No offense to anyone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with that dress. So cute with the sandals too. I love anthro but I usually don't love their dresses because they tend to be too long for a short girl like myself...but i like this one. perfect length on you.



    http://ninaslittleblackblogofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the outfit!! & although I can't relate to your love of baseball, the Britney Spears Glee episode was amazing! Brittany cracks me up!

    http://whatshernameslittlesecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete