Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Decade in Review: Looks of the Days Gone Past

Maybe I'm nostalgic or something but with the decade is coming to an end I decided to look back on my outfits from the past 10 years. Ten years ago I was a high school senior, making my own dresses for school dances, to be "different". Not that the dresses were all that special but to me, the fact I made them made them was special. Some elements of my style have stuck with me (ruffles, floral and animal prints). While others I have grown out of. I look forward to see where the next 10 years will take me.

Amber's Looks of the Day
From the 2000's

2000
one of the dresses I made for a High school dance:
Still love animal prints.2001
Mastering my posing by now. Ekk those boots! That Shirt!

Ruffles and floral prints have always been a favorite.2002
Enter the Abercrombie obsessed years.
Always the California Girl at heart.2003
I always have liked unexpected elements and bows. Like the back of this top.
Oh that's just me on my birthday with a Barbie cake. Yup I love Barbie!
2004
The Jessica Simpson obsession began.
2006
More Jessica Simpson outfits, I used to stalk ebay and forums for the hard to find pieces.
Maybe a little Britney influence as well...
2007
Still hints of Js here and there. But finding my own way.

2008
Starting to see influences from Lauren Conrad, the darn Hills!

And see my previous post for my 2009 looks click here.

6 comments:

  1. I just found you by accident;and I just love your blog!
    I am now following you!
    Have a very happy New Year!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are adorable! Love the LC dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty girl! You look lovely in all of them.
    Happy New Year, thank you for the inspiration.
    xo
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Boy I went through some awful phases, I was totally into flannel and tie dye in high school!

    *Check out my Boomi Bar giveaway @ MonicaOnTheGo.com*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! Isn't it hard to believe high school was ten years ago?! I have my 10 year reuinion next year. I feel old! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Am! It is so neat to see the progression of your style! I hit my A&F style the same time! LOL and we were all JS stalkers!!

    ReplyDelete