Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Look of the Day: Amber Wears Real Clothes

Last night I went to Kath's KERF blog meetup dinner. Other bloggers attending were Holly, Lauren, Kelly, Chelsea and Cara , among other non bloggers. It was a wonderful Monday night dinner We dined at The Plant Cafe in the city and it was the perfect place to Eat Real Food! After all my indulging this past weekend, clean food was exactly what I needed. The menu was phenomenal and making a decision was hard, I could have eaten anything on it. I went with soup of the day, a roasted pepper soup and a build-your-own salad, topped with avocados, tomatoes, peppers, sunflower sprouts and a lemon flax vinaigrette. It was amazing to say the least. Kath let me steal some of her hummus to add to my salad and it was the best hummus I have ever had. I'm defiantly going back there! It just happens to be right around the corner from my favorite shopping area in the City.

At the meetup I rocked another one of my Heritage 1981 purchases, a darling heart printed dress. A worker at the cafe asked me if I get compliments every time I wear it. lol!
I love the girly details on it. It had buttons on the shoulder, hard to see in the picture. It came with a sash but I added my own belt.
My amazing salad and not so amazing photography.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the whole outfit Amber! Is that dress a small? I love it and I might get it but I am trying to figure out sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable dress. i love purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also curious about sizing at this new store. Have not seen it in the South Bay yet.

    Also, I'm shopping around for a digital SLR for a potential holiday gift. Wondering if you have any online stores to recommend. And unfortunately, won't be going to China anytime soon, so I'll have to buy my lenses here...teehee...

    As always, thank you in advance for your helpful advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara it is a small. Sam sizing as F21 from what I can tell.

    Linda this is my second Rebel Canon (my First was stolen) One was purchased at Best Buy with a price match and the second one was purchased at Amazon. There should be some great deals coming up with Christmas around the corner! Casey wants his own now, I am looking around as well, we don't want 2 of the exact same cameras.So If I see any good deals I will let you know. LOL! I only wish I bought more things in China!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to meet you last night and you did look SUPER cute! =D I just got my Cannon on Amazon and Best Buy could not price match. They wanted to charge $100 more and claimed that was "at cost" so I would recommend Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw You are so so sweet Chelsea, thank you!
    Ok cool so I guess the price match thing at Amazon is no longer cool that was last August we did that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE dress. You look so cute. I love how you blog about what you eat, along with what you wore for the day. Food + clothes = Two of my favorite things. :)

    ReplyDelete