Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap Part II: Turkey Free Works For me

This post is Honor of my Mom who worked so very hard to please everyone yesterday. THANK YOU!! I was dead set on a Turkey Free Thanksgiving celebration at my house but I started to get overwhelmed with my Thesis and all so my mom took over the planning and went above and beyond to provide a fabulous Turkey free Vegetarian dinner for me. I couldn't have been happier! I didn't miss turkey one bit and I was quite happy and full after my turkey free meal.

Asparagus no oil or butter needed, it was steamed to perfection!

Fabulous pear, walnut and avocado salad! Again no dressing needed!

Warm Iacopi brussels sprout salad with local chestnuts, roasted shallots, and Sparrow Lane cider vinegar. Ah-MAazing!

Apple and Celery vegan stuffing.

My veggie filled plate! With a side of potatoes and cranberry sauce which replaced my gravy.
Thank you Mom!!
Our wine accompaniment. Thank you Rena!

My wine with cranberry floaters, only used to distinguish my glass.
My sister made creme brulee, I didn't have any but it looked amazing! Go sis!
And I had to take a picture of some of my mom's vintage Pyrex for Linda!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the pyrex! That looks delish-how long have you been veggie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, that salad looks to-die-for. Yumm, I may have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that brussel sprout salad looks delish (as does everything else) I'm going to have to try making it. I've been looking for an alternative to my usual brussel spout, cannelli bean, parmesan combo, thanks for posting it!

    http://www.fashionfoodfrivolity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber
    Thanks so the nice posting, I am so glad it all worked out and everyone left happy full and thankful... now you have to help me plan the Christmas menu
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gramma has that pyrex! Everything looked DElish. Are you a vegetarian? Hope you had a wonderful holiday and will be so happy for you when the thesis is done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsea I have been one on and off for awhile now, I did though have meat for example when I went to China.

    Natalie that sounds like a great brussel sprout dish as well!

    Rebecca isn't that old pyrex stuff so fun? My friend linda collects them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Amber, so proud of your meal! I will need every recipe please!lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, your Thanksgiving choices are way different than Southern choices. I would LOVE to get that pear, walnut and avocado salad recipe. What lettuce do you use for it? Or don't you...

    ReplyDelete