Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Look of the Day: Okie Dokie Artichokie

I love artichokes, they are so pretty looking and fun to eat. But big meaty artichokes seem to take forever to steam, which is such a pain. Today when I planned dinner, I was inspired by last night's KERF meet-up dinner conversation about crock pots. Crock-pots save time and energy, right Kelly?? Well I guess I saved some time and energy today when I used my hand dandy crock pot to cook my artichokes. I just threw them in with some water and lemon slices for a little under 3 hours and they turned out PERFECT. I highly recommend this method.

Arties ready to cook.
When I came home they were steamed to perfection.
And the outfit I rocked while my little 'chokes cooked.

Check out Kath's new crock pot and Chelsea's crock pot recipe that were also posted tonight! Who doesn't love the convenience of crock pots??

And thank you to all the new readers who found my Blog through Kaths!!

12 comments:

  1. This is genius! I <3 artichokes and my crock pot. Never thought to put the two together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Shana can you please edit my posts?? They must be PAINFUL for you to read! I know I need help! My papers for school require multiple eyes to scan them, lol. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great idea! We did croc pot on Sunday, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing it! Yum! Love how your outfit looks both so cozy and put together! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Anotherfishthesea!! If was really comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber - I knew I recognized you at the meetup! I definitely had checked out your blog before :) Also, I noticed I liked your outfit and I'm hoping following your blog is going to increase my San Fran "style." Lord knows I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL thanks Lauren. Can't wait to read about your San Fran adventures! Thanks Suzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artichokes in the crockpot-GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea. I got some small artichokes from Trader Joes this week and they took me over 40 minutes to steam. Now that I know the crock pot will do it, you better believe I will get the big ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie that is always my problem too! I hate how long they take, but I could care less how long they take in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. Those artichokes look way better than the ones I made us. :)

    ReplyDelete