Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Amber's Packing Guide 101

#1. Plan a fabulous trip to somewhere fun
#2.Thoughtfully plan out your trip so you know what activities to pack for
#3. Look up weather conditions and prepare yourself wisely
#4. Write a detailed list of outfits and accessories to pack
#5.Give yourself ample time to pack, plan and launder clothes
#6. Wish you could take your own advice
As always I waited until the very last minute to pack, do laundry and print up all my confirmations. I was running around like crazy this evening trying to get everything together! I got my tooth brush, under garments and hair brush...but knowing me, I always forget something super important! I tried to plan outfits but I am SURE when I get down there I will NOT be happy with what I packed, it always happens. Since the flight down to LA is only 45 minutes I just like to bring a carry on and cram all my stuff into a super cute neon green bag that Casey used when he commuted down to LA every week. Well we will see how the outfits go this weekend!
The pile of clothes I grabbed. My only concern was that I could wear them with black shoes, since I only have two shoe options .
And my plane outfit all ready for me to throw on at 5:30 am. Why did I go for a cheap ticket rather then a reasonable time??
Ready to grab and go!
That's all she packed! A duffel bag packed to the gills, purse full of boarding passes, and rent-a-car and hotel confirmations, reading material and my lap top! I will be blogging down there =)
Well at least I was all done before the Tosh.0 season premiere! Watching it now =)
No time to post a Look of the Day today but you should check out Andi from saltwater dreams outfit =)

11 comments:

  1. I always have the same problem - as soon as I get to my destination I'm never satisfied with the outfits I brought. Have a fab time in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun and safe trip! I am sure you will look fab everyday! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear (and see!) all about LA! Woohoo!! Have fun and you did not have to give me that mention, but I totally appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I always find myself in a similar predictament - over stuff my bad with clothes and then once I arrive to my destination I start thinking about all the things I left that I should have brought! Such a girl thing... glad I came across your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you sound like me. I ALWAYS FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Thank goodness its usually when I roll down the driveway, but then I hafta trek all the way back to my condo to get it. Ugh. Plus I always hate what I pack. Everything looks good when I pack it in the suitcase but when I get ready to go out, I hate everything.

    I hope you have a great time in LA, can't wait for your future posts!

    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed that you wear boots to the airport. I always choose the easiest shoes to remove. I do have a toddler strapped to me though. AND, that's why you're a fashionista and I'm not! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You fared better than I. Last time I went on a plane I packed a duffel bag just for shoes. Seriously, they weighed it - 20 lbs. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, I do the exact same thing. I can not believe you fit everything in that small duffle. Oh well, people DO wear smaller clothes in LA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same Joie paisley top that's in your pic as your plane outfit. If you get a chance can you post a belated OOTD pic to show how you styled the shirt? I need some inspiration on how to wear mine.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annoy- Sorry just saw this comment! My pictures didn't turn out but here is how I styled it different time: http://www.ambersnotebook.com/2009/12/copy-cat-style-vanessa-hudgens.html

    ReplyDelete