Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things I love: Tulle

I can't seem to get enough of Tulle! From my Anthropologie Tulle jacket to all the Tulle in the Rodarte for Target collection I am just loving tulle. After reading Elle, Vogue and Marie Claire it is clear that Tulle will be HUGE this spring and I couldn't be happier. My love of Tulle began years ago, 26 years ago to be exact when the 1984 Peaches & Cream Barbie doll came out. She was draped in Tulle! Now I never actually had this Barbie in my collection but it was one of those Barbies that all my friends had and she was just fabulous (not that I didn't have PLENTY of my my own fabulous barbies) but for some reason she sticks out in my memory. Well I am very pleased that tulle is back and now I can drape myself is layers of tulle.
A Tulle Spread form the 2010 February Marie Claire.
Image from 2010 February Marie Claire scanned by me
This Isaac Mizrahi dress totally reminds me of the Peaches n' Cream Barbie and has me dreaming of a DIY!Image from 2010 February Marie Claire scanned by me
1984...Where my Love of Tulle Began:

20 comments:

  1. I had that Barbie too...she was one of my favs! I can't wait to add some tulle to my wardrobe. Love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tulle. My daughter has four tutus to prove it. Now I just need some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow flashback...I had that exact Barbie. Shame on my mom for getting rid of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not have Peaches N' Cream but man o man did I want her!!!! Don't get me wrong, I too, had quite the Barbie collection but I REALLY wanted Peaches N' Cream. My friend had her and I would BEG to play with her. Ahhh....memories.

    You can pull off tulle. I can't so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love tulle, too! I wore my navy Rodarte tulle skirt last week and received so many compliments (albeit someone calling me a ballerina). I love a peek of tulle in just about anything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh how I love tulle! Especially pink tulle! I think my love started with Gone with the Wind, but i remember that barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GUESS WHAT I SAW @ TARGET YESTERDAY?!?!? A PEACHES AND CREAM BARBIE!!! THEY BROUGHT HER BACK, and I stood in the isle for a few minutes holding the box and explaining to my daughters why she was special. LOL I never had her but it seemed like all my friends did, and BOY did it bring back memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying -- I totally had that Barbie, too. Actually, I'm sure I still do somewhere at my parents' house! And you're right, that dress is very reminiscent of Peaches & Cream Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PEACHES N CREAM!!!! my darling, darling, favorite first barbie. she and "day to night" were my girlz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Tulle! LOL glad you girls all have fond memories of Peaches and Cream also!! So funny! Rebbecca that is CRAZY! I will have to look next time I am at Target. Chelsea I was the SAME way playing with her at friends houses. LOL Lynn I just googled Day to Night Barbie I think my sister had that one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teehee! I love your Barbie obsession! Can't wait to see how your rock the tulle this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, Barbie REPRESENT. I freaking love tulle, though- what a jaw-droppingly beautiful layout in Marie Claire! I know half of that is going to end up on my style board for spring, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol glad you girls enjoyed this blast from the past =) and again I am so excite about tulle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! My peaches and cream barbie was my absolute FAVORITE!!! My babysitter totally stole all my barbies and moved out of state, oh it was such a sad day. I loved the way that barbie smelled! Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMg she stole your barbies!?? That is crazy! LOL
    I know I kinda feel like playing with barbies LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really thought i was the only one in the world that was/is obsessed with that barbie. she was magical. it's where my love of peach began, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peaches and Cream Barbie was a bit ahead of my time, but my Nannie kept hers from when she was little and I used to play with it every time I went to her house. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. my wedding dress is tulle ... and bridesmaids dresses... I <3 tulle!

    ReplyDelete