Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Look of the Day: Make it Rain

It was a rainy day here in California so I decided to rock an old trench coat that hasn't gotten much wear. Despite the gloomy weather, my mood today was far from dreary. I actually won a twitter contest today! I was the first to tweet a Frank Sinatra trivia question to a the Smuin Ballet Company and won two Saturday night tickets to their Winter performance which features Frank Sinatra music! I love Frank Sinatra! Casey isn't all that stoked on going to the Ballet so we agreed we would use a Ruth Chris gift card we have been meaning to use for awhile now but I have put off using because I am just not a fan of steak houses. That way we both get do something we want! I am very excited, I cannot believe I won the contest!! lol
And now on to the outfit. To fend off the rain I wore an old La Rok trench. When I wear something like a trench or blazer it makes me feel uptight if I don't pair it with something that is a little more laid back. So under my coat I wore a loose top.

I always love things that cinch at the waist.
And clearly you are never fully dressed without a smile. =)
All ready to hit the rain! So happy we have gotten so much here!
And a last laugh. My Mom asked me if they threw money at us while were at the club in L.A. LOL! Mom, it's called making it rain!!

20 comments:

  1. love your trench!! I should have worn mine today, too. Luckily I was inside when the crazy thunder/rain happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I manage the company store, the place where you get branded stuff with the company logo. We wanted to call it Bop a la ShopBob when it launched, but the male members of the corporation nixed it. I love your recap of why you love the site so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Lynn!


    OMH LINDA!!! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, did you tell your mom you were making it rain on 'dem ho's?

    Hee hee hee.

    I love your outfit, and the sitting poses especially- so pretty! And congrats on winning those tickets! I never win *anything*, so yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a good trench coat. I wear my ugly old Columbia ski jacket when it rains. SO not cute.

    I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great coat...you look super in it. Oh...and about my camera lens...I had to laugh when you asked about it...cuz I use a cheap Sony point and click camera...nothin' fancy here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! I absolutely love Frank, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL CHloe!! Chloe I never win anything either I was stoked LOL!

    Thanks Suzy!

    The trench barely gets any wear I guess I need to bust it out more! I really want a nice classic one though.

    Olivea and Shana I am glad I am not the only twenty something who likes Frank!

    OMG Andrea no way!! You mus really know how to work that thing! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, tell me this rain isn't typical for SF. I was SOAKED today and believe me, I wore my trench too. Wish I hadn't left my fav rain boots in DC ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i loved seeing your pretty smile! you should photograph your face more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Gelareh! AWWWW thanks linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks LYNN! I will try to tak emore self photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow we actually see your face...time for you to grab the paper bag...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber LOOOVE your off the shoulder top where can I get a good one?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessica i think H&M may still have that top or a similar one but I also have a few blue life off the shoulder shirts i love! http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/BlueLife.jsp

    ReplyDelete