Friday, January 22, 2010

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Yesterday I got strange (well strange for me) craving for cinnamon toast. By pure coincidence, when I got home yesterday I was meet but a sweet surprise. Casey's mom had brought us over some Cinnamon Amish friendship bread. I had never heard of Amish friendship bread but apparently it is sort of like a chain letter where you pass the dough(or the mix?) to someone and then they let it rise for 6 days and bake it. Or something like that, I am far from a baker but the instructions say to stir it everyday with a wooden spoon. I look forward to seeing how it turns out in six days, hopefully I don't mess it up because it was really yummy and totally satisfied my cinnamon toast craving.
Thanks Shelia for our sweet treat! We shall see how this turns out in few days!

6 comments:

  1. how interesting! my hubby is from pennsylvania and i know from him that the amish make good food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! Interesting, I haven't heard of that either, but sounds fun! Have a good weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this last year and it IS good. I think I have a starter in my freezer-yes you can freeze the stater ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends is doing this. It is such a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amish friendship bread is SO good, especially with some cream cheese on a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool! And a little ironic that what you were craving was actually given to you!

    ReplyDelete