Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Look of the Day: Say the heels on your feet, With the strap around your ankles

If I had a uniform this would be it. I have worn so many variations of this outfit it is almost silly (some examples here and here). My uniform consists of just a blue button up (blue makes my eyes POP!) paired with a grey cardigan in some sort of mix. Today I realized how many of both items I have in my closet, so no more of that. I tried to mix it up with the tights, a ruffle belt and my go to boots.

Whenever I strap these boots on Shake it like a Salt Shaker gets stuck in my head!
Shawty crunk on the floor wide open. Skeet so much they call her Billy Ocean.
Rocking a Rag and Bone button down, Urban BGD cardigan, Urban belt and Chloe boots..all are old.
Do you have a uniform??
And my new closet staple, check out my article here

19 comments:

  1. Love the way you're taking those half shots of yourself. They are really photo-journalistic and it just spices things up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you East Coast-er Momma!! I am glad you like the shots, I can never tell without feedback =)Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uniform for right now is skinny jeans, black flats, some sort of black shirt, and a colored scarf. Sometimes I wonder if people think I only own one shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber: For sure. You should look into getting a tripod and a remote so you can take action shots of yourself. You have great style and you get lost behind your camera!! *grins* I'd love to see front, back and side shots, too. You've inspired me with a lot of your outfits. Keep up the good work, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, the uniform. I've had the same one for longer than I care to admit and it's jeans, tee, cardigan. I'm really trying to shake things up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you East-er Momma for the feedback! I really appreciate it! =)

    Stealth nerd, shake it up! Shake it like a salt shaker. You too Louisiana grown;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My uniform is jeans, flats, and a long sleeve tee...but now-with accessories!!! Ha.

    I love the half shots too.

    Going to look at your article now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you hottie! Shake it like a salt shaker...damnit..now it's in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit Amber, and I also love the new "artistic" shots you've been taking! Do you take them yourself or do you have someone take them for you? They're so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girls! Glad you like the new pictures I have been doing. Jen I will fill you in when I get off work =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Where did you get that dress/tunic? I need something similar in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have been wearing jeans tucked into boots with a long scarf on top a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new outfit pics as well! Skeet skeet, you look adorable!!!! So funny you mention this song, this was me and my girlfriends "getting fixed up to go out and get into trouble song in college" lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks girls! Steph I got it at American Heritage for like $12 hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I just wanted to let you know I read your article and you convinced me to buy my first pair of denim leggings! :) I hope I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You seriously have the BEST taste in clothes. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete