Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things I love: Pretty Envelopes

I just love getting mail. As a child I had a pen pal who lived in Tennessee who I exchanged letters with. She went away for school and everything about her life seemed so different then mine. I truly enjoyed sharing our experiences through letters. As and adult I always look forward coming home to see what surprises are waiting for me. Perhaps a postcard from my Dad, or my new Martha Stewart issue or a special package. Unfortunately most of the time my "surprise" consists of junk mail (uggh!) or bills. That is why I love pretty envelopes. I love stationary in general, but a pretty envelope is the first thing I can spot in my stack of mail. Seeing pretty envelopes in my mail box, whether going in or out, excites me. It makes me happy to see hand written words being exchanged, since these days that seems to rarely happen.
Here are some of my pretty envelopes I keep on hand, something about them just makes me smile =)
Speaking of mail I really need to order some return address labels from
4LeafBoutique, my March of Dimes labels kind of ruin the pretty envelope effect!

7 comments:

  1. ..internet is good ,but there is no better feeling to get letter through the post box ..I love making paper ,calligraphy ...black ink ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I would LOVE to get any of them in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well now, I got susan koman labels and they were pretty. i felt compelled to send them a few dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, those are pretty! I can't afford to get the pretty stamps, I mail things so infrequently that by the time I would get around to using whatever pretty stamps I'd picked out, the stupid price was raised again! But I do love getting (and sending) real mail. There's something so satisfying about going to the mailbox and finding something inside that *ISN'T* Val-Pak haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super Mommie I use and donate to Susan Koman all the time (in fact I sent out letters for them recently) but the latest batch I got were Twiggy ones not exactly a match for these envelopes but perfect for bills. =)


    Omg The Val Pak! LOL Glad I am not the only one who loves real mail =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work at an invitation store so I am obsessed with stationary. Of course my absolute favorite is the most expensive - letterpress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with stationary. Pretty envelopes are amazing. This year, I lined my Christmas cards with glitter paper so they were sparkly inside. And another obsession? Pretty calligraphy. Like this: http://100layercake.com/blog/archives/4283

    ReplyDelete